Friday 10 March 2017

Resilience & the power color

re·sil·ience
rəˈzilyəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.
    "the often remarkable resilience of so many British institutions"
  2. 2.
    the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; elasticity.
    "nylon is excellent in wearability and resilience"


I don't feel like we recognize resiliency in people often enough. With anybody who is suffering from mental illness will find that this train inherently resonates within them. In my opinion, you cannot have one without the other.
Dig deep and think- What do you think when you think of the big R?

Personally- I think I good lipstick.. Liquid matte to be exact. Now, I'm not trying to discredit anything that you may be thinking of nor am I trying to be some materialist consumer telling you to BUY BUY BUY!
Hear me out. 

When I wear a specific color (power color) I do feel like I am unstoppable.*

*PLEASE DO NOT THINK I AM SAYING LIPSTICK FIXES ALL

I am trying to explain my own personally experiences and am NOT  suggesting a trip to Sephora instead of the doctors. I would like to draw comparison for a great 10hr wear lippie to being elastic and reliable to stay put when I need it too.

Back to power colors- It is important to find something that fits for yourself. Maybe you have to search for a bit but its honestly helped myself so much.
I can go to the restroom in public areas and give something to do for a few seconds to disconnect, get a moment of self care in, and regroup. 
Doing it in the morning I can give myself a quick pep talk and prep for the day. The ol' Pep + Prep combo.
This is one of my best tricks I can share. I'm being honest here, find YOUR color.

Find that awesome something that makes you feel special. You owe it to yourself to feel like the very best you that you can be. If that's exercising, yoga, singing, cooking, makeup, doing your nails or calling up a friend. 

Mine tends to  lean towards a nude or dark brown, FYI =) I find it compliments my skin tone well but doesn't wash me out, probably due to my dark brows however.

Remember, You are the most perfect you that you can be today. I am only suggesting small tips and tricks that help myself out.  



"If lots more of us loved each other, we'd solve lots more problems."
Anxiety&Lipstick <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment